Cosmetic surgery: what I’ve just spent £1500 on

Would you fix your insecurities?

So I did a little ‘gram poll a few weeks ago talking about cosmetic surgery and it turns out 82% of you would pay for cosmetic surgery to fix your biggest insecurity! I wasn’t that shocked at the result, ’cause I couldn’t have lived with my biggest insecurity forever. I will admit I blew up my insecurity a bit too much in my head, but it was something that really bothered and upset me. Read on to find out what I’ve just spent £1500 on…

enlight694

The initial embarrassment

I was in two minds about whether I was going to write this post or not. With social media being all about perfection these days, it’s pretty hard as a blogger to highlight your biggest insecurity online. And with me being single and having constant struggs navigating/hating online dating apps (read all about that here!), I didn’t want to broadcast something that would make me feel unattractive. But now, after three weeks and plenty of people not even realising, I thought I might as well share it.

No, I haven’t had a boob job!

No, it’s nothing that major, I’ve paid £1500 to move one of my teeth forward. Yep, you read that right…my biggest insecurity was a tooth! To give you all a bit of context, I had a brace on my top and bottom teeth when I was 13. I then got told to wear my retainers for 6 months and that’ll be treatment done forever. However, my pesky wisdom teeth decided to make an appearance and move a couple of my teeth! It never really bothered me till about a year and a half ago. And then boom, it became my biggest insecurity!

When girls get drunk and talk about boys they love, I used to get upset over the tooth.

You could never see in pictures, my natural fuller lips have definitely become a blessing! And I do think the only person that ever really noticed was myself. But for me, having to spend 9 months consuming a lot of soup (Marks and Spencer’s do an amazing Thai chicken soup), will 100% be worth it in the long run! And as you can see in the picture of me last night, you can’t even tell I’ve even got a brace on.

That one thing everyone says to me

When I was 13, I wasn’t exactly going round snogging everyone! But I can confirm it’s still possible to kiss, although it did feel a bit weird at first! Maybe like an extra tongue? Is that oversharing? But there’s your fact for the day anyway!

Would you get cosmetic surgery if you could afford to fix your insecurities? If not, why not? Please let me know in the comments!

Advertisements

13 thoughts on “Cosmetic surgery: what I’ve just spent £1500 on

1. The diary of Ellie says:

I feel like SO many people have such issues with people spending money on things like this, but at the end of the day its your money, if its going to make you feel more comfortable in your own skin, so what? Definitely money well spent for your confidence!

• LifeOFLuce says:

I think it a time of hair extensions and lip filler, cosmetic surgery gets glamourised. But with me, it was something that really bothered me to the extent I used to think everyone would notice straight away. I knew having a brace would make me feel happier than a holiday this year, so that’s what I’ve done!

• The diary of Ellie says:

I definitely agree that it gets glamourised as lip fillers and stuff, but really it can be so many different things which aren’t nesscasarily done for ‘beauty’, more so for self confidence! I have a really big gap in the front of my teeth and ive been so insecure about it for the longest time, i didnt have the money to go to a private dentist to get braces but luckily after the longest time on the NHS waiting list i finally got braces the other week! Im so excited to see the results and be happy with my teeth!

• LifeOFLuce says:

I was so impatient I tracked down the cheapest private plan I could find 🙈 I’m so happy for you! A lot of people don’t seem to understand about how insecure your teeth can make you feel. Fingers crossed it moves quickly and you get the brace off soon 😊

2. Claire says:

Due to an accident when I was 4 I ended up damaging one of my front teeth so when it actually grew in it was sticking out! I had braces when I was 13 and thankfully it got fixed but I imagine I would still be self conscious today if I hadn’t! I hope your treatment goes well gal! 😘

Claire xx
    eclairscares.blogspot.co.uk

• LifeOFLuce says:

Thank you so much 😘 I had them when I was 13 too, it’s just annoying mine obviously don’t want to stay straight! Lucy xx