It’s been a while since I’ve wrote a lifestyle post. And even longer since I’ve wrote about something quite personal to myself! If you’re close to me, you’ll probably know why I’m feeling a bit down today…Well I wouldn’t really call it down to be honest, I don’t think that’s the right word. Reflective is probably a better word for what I’m feeling. So because of this reflective attitude today, I wanted to write my first gratitude post. I hope you enjoy the read!
1. I’m grateful I graduated university this year, and moved to a brand new city to study my masters (which I’m loving!)
2. I’m grateful for everyone I’ve met since moving to Leeds! There’s been ups and downs in the last few months, but I’m really happy with the way things are right now.
3. I’m grateful a few toxic people have left my life…I’ll leave it at that, life’s too short!
4. I’m grateful that even though I had my first car crash this month, no one was hurt and I wasn’t too dramatic! (Very loud crying panic attack while in shock, was definitely not overreaction to a 10mph bump, I don’t care what anyone says!)
5. I’m grateful that I’ve finally forced myself to the gym since the summer, and I’m finally starting to love my body. I have the odd bout of self loathing in H&M changing rooms…but who doesn’t!
6. I’m grateful that I’ve finally learnt to not hold back, and say exactly what’s on my mind…hopefully it won’t get me into too much trouble! Lifes too short to tip toe.
7. I’m grateful I’ve got the opportunity to plan flats and holidays right now, which very very excited for!
8. I’m grateful that I’ve learnt that one persons attitude and opinion of you, doesn’t reflect everyone else’s.
9. I’m grateful that I’ve finally learnt I can have so much more fun with my friends, that I’ve ever had in any relationship.
10. And lastly, I’m grateful than I can start planning my career and what I want from it. 2007 is going to be a very exciting and scary year for myself. And I couldn’t be more terrified but excited for it!
After writing this list, I realised I’m more grateful for the friendships I’ve made this year, and also the way I’ve changed (and hopefully matured) as a person. A lot has changed in my life since this time last year. And a part of me hopes by this time next year, it’ll all have changed again.
What are you grateful for? How’ve you found 2016? Let me know below!